John at The Book Mine Set has asked participants in the 5th Canadian Book Challenge to list their top ten books from the province or territory where they live.
I'll do mine for Alberta, where my heart is.
10. Plan B is Total Panic - Martyn Godfrey
9. Drumheller Dinosaur Dance
8. The Roaring Girl - Greg Hollingshead
7. Wings of Fate - TM Hobbs*
6. Why I Hate Canadians - Will Ferguson
5. Temptations of Big Bear - Rudy Wiebe
4. Dance Me Outside - WP Kinsella
3. Here She Is, Ms. Teeny Wonderful - Martyn Godfrey
2. Garneau Block - Todd Babiak
1. Obasan - Joy Kagawa
*indicates books I've yet to read, but basing their placement in these lists based on my wanting to read them and the positive reviews I've read.
Numbers 3, 7, and 10 are Young Adult Fiction, and Number 9 is a children's picture book. Half of these are humorous books. I wouldn't say that I normally tend toward those types of books, but maybe these are the types of books good Albertan authors tend to publish?
Have you read any of these? What are your top 10 books from your favourite province or territory?